Introduced in 1936 the original BESSEY® malleable cast iron bar clamp was the world's first sliding arm clamp. Clamps with traditional wood handles are still available & quite popular; however many models are now also available with "2K" composite handles as well as with "tommy bar" (sliding pin) handles. Many of these clamps have also been fitted with snap-on pressure pads that are easily replaced, and allow for replacement of damaged spindles.
- BESSEY® anti-slip system - the set screw is molded into the sliding arm and interlocks with the serrated rail to prevent sliding
- Corrugated malleable cast iron fixed jaw and sliding arm generate powerful, rigid clamping. Top jaw press fitted to rail - no mechanical fasteners to loosen
- High-quality profiled steel rail acts as a reliable reinforcement against torsional forces, while the serration on six faces additionally prevents the clamp from slipping
- Hardened, smooth-running spindle with Acme thread = more clamping with less cranking
- Comfortable 2K composite handle