The Festool Edge Sanding Guide gives you the speed and reliable finish quality that you would otherwise only expect from stationary edge-sanding equipment. Easily and quickly attaches to the 5” Random Orbit ETS 125 REQ and PRO 5 Sanders, as well as the ETSC 125 Cordless Sander. Its intuitive and ergonomic design adapts to practically any kind of edge, angle, or curvature. Create finished results with consistency and in less time than hand sanding.
Every edge is different. Sometimes it is sawn or routed, sometimes it is coarse or painted. And you want to make all of them perfect. With the innovative solution by Festool, the edge sander, you can do this quickly and easily – from the first application.
- Set and hold angles with a tool-free adjustment and lock system
- Rapid abrasive changes with paper-change position
- Improve finish results on edges, quickly and easily, while avoiding tilting or accidentally burning through material
- Controlled sanding with soft mode to adapt the angle to the work-piece or hard mode to keep a fixed angle position
- Ergonomic TPE handle with multiple gripping options for less fatigue and ultimate control
- Protect sensitive workpieces with replaceable base runner pads
- Improve edge surface results on small to large workpieces, edges from 3/16" to 2-3/8" (5-60 mm), angled surfaces from 43° - 92°, curves in contour, and sanding near to edges of inner corners
- Compatible with the ETS 125 REQ Sander, PRO 5 Sander and ETSC 125 Cordless Sander
- Workpiece protection
- It is easy and quick to replace the lining on the guide to match the surface. Velour linings for delicate surfaces, plastic lining for all other surfaces.
Abrasive changing position
Sliding crossheaded guide makes it easy to change the abrasive.
Adjustable sanding mode
In Hard mode (setting for pre-sanding), the edge is sanded according to the set angle. In Soft mode (setting for intermediate sanding), the edge sander adapts precisely to the surface to be sanded – this means that neither paint nor filler is sanded through.
The angle adjustment, which does not require tools, can also be used to copy and lock free angles. The integrated angle display guarantees precision when setting angles manually.
Wide range of applications
With the edge sander, you can effortlessly sand small and large workpieces, narrow and wide edges (5–60 mm), sloped surfaces (43–92°) and external curves on the outline (e.g. on a round dining table). You can work up to the inside corners.
Dust-free sanding is always possible thanks to the tool's integral dust extraction or when it is used in conjunction with an extractor.